- 1280 x 810 mm
- Acrylic, collage, compressed charcoal and rosehead nails on board in recycled Kauri door frame
Te Whakaraupō (Port Lyttelton), is a work commissioned by an engineer who previously worked with the Lyttelton Harbour Board. We dug up old maps, plans and drawings; discussed and researched history relevant to the area and then combined them into a composition that tells a story. The buildings depicted in this painting no longer exist on site which adds to the ethereal quality of the finished piece.