(Master of Fine Arts Project)
- Mixed media art works developed using demolition materials from the site.
- 2010 – 2012
Site 144/404 concerns a range of artifacts discovered in 2009, during redevelopment of the Dunedin School of Art. As it was found to be associated with human activity that occurred before 1900, the site was officially given archaeological status and recorded as Site 144/404 under authority of The Historic Places Act, New Zealand.
A written report of the archaeological dig, and a selection of around 1000 artifacts formed the basis of Elisabeth’s MFA Project. With these as her starting point, she investigated the boundaries between archaeology, architecture and art, in relation to her project site. Two years of research led to a site specific exhibition in the Art School Gallery, which was situated directly over the artifact trenches.